- For children who are 3 years old by September 1st.
- One teacher to no more than eight children.
- May attend 3 or 5 days per week, either Mon/Wed/Fri or Mon-Fri.
As your child continues to grow, so does our curriculum. Our three year old program (the "Wonders" and "Explorers" classes) is specifically designed with the growing toddler in mind. At this stage in the children’s lives, they begin to gain more self-esteem and a sense of the world around them. Their curiosity continues to expand and their minds are open to new experiences and learning. Our program is geared to help facilitate the learning and help children become more independent and more importantly, lifelong learners.
Our program consists of a more detailed and structured program in which teachers outline the daily routine with activities to promote learning in every aspect. Children will be exposed to early science, math, reading, and social studies concepts through independent exploration, hands-on activities, and whole group lessons. Arts and crafts, music and dance, and many other techniques are incorporated into the routine to make learning fun.
- Physical Development
- Continue to strengthen balance, large motor skills, and coordination
- Continue to strengthen fine motor skills by beginning to copy capital letters and use scissors
- Cognitive Development
- Focus on early literacy skills such as recognizing shapes, colors, letters, and numbers
- Participate in large group and individual learning activities
- Build on and expand vocabulary use
- Build on problem solving
- Social/Emotional Development
- Learn how to cooperate and share with others
- Begin to play with others rather than just parallel play
- Begin to develop early manners such as saying “please” and “thank you”
- Build on self-help skills by encouraging hand washing, zipping and unbuttoning clothing, shoe tying, etc.
- Gain confidence through positive redirection and success
- Express feelings appropriately
- Expand the mind through trying new things
Threes Class Daily Schedule
Morning Circle Time
Calendar, Weather, Music and Stories
Free Choice Centers, Enrichment, or 1-on-1 with the Teacher
Afternoon Circle Time